Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stirring Up Some Fun


After a long day at work, I admit it is hard to muster up the energy to spend quality time with Lilah, of course resulting in terrible mommy guilt. There is dinner to make, diapers to wash, dishes to do and many other things on the never-ending mommy to-do list. Not to mention the hope that there may be a spare minute to relax and unwind, especially after a particularly draining day at the office. I think this is something all working moms struggle with. I'm trying to really stay focused on cherishing every moment of Lilah's childhood and if that means my house is a mess so what.

So Monday I put aside the to-do list to stir up some fun. Although the dishes were piled mile high I decided that what could be more fun than making an even bigger mess! One of Lilah's favorite things to do is help mommy cook so I let go and just went with it, we made butternut squash ravioli from scratch. While the ones Lilah put together ended up just being a big mess I let her do her thing....squash on the floor and all!

We had so much fun that despite the dishes still not being done from that night we cooked together again Tuesday making jello jigglers for Valentine's Day...only this time we cleaned up after (with a little help from daddy). Lilah actually prefers the cleaning up! She just loves playing with the water while we wash dishes and she is not too bad with a sponge either!

Lesson of the week...make an ordinary task extraordinary by just letting go and enjoying.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment