Sunday, January 23, 2011

"You're the Best Mommy"


This is what my beautiful daughter said to me this morning and then a few other times throughout the day. I think that is the best compliment I could ask for!! It just makes me think that no matter how many shortcomings I see in myself in striving to be the best Mom, my little girl thinks I already am. Perhaps we should all let ourselves off the hook a little.

I accepted the fact a long time ago that I would not be the perfect Mom, whatever that even is. I have found it difficult in being a working Mom though. Only having a few precious hours a day to spend with Lilah, and many times after a long day of work finding in hard to be 100% present with her in those hours. So I am trying to be present and spend good quality time with Lilah when I can. Whether it doing an exciting new craft project together, reading an extra book at night or like this morning after we had a nice shower we just played in my bed for an hour hunting for treasure under the covers and pretending to be wild animals in the jungle.

Not even a month into the new year and I think my "resolutions" are turning out just fine and apparently even Lilah thinks so! Focusing on me more with my Raw Foods (lost 10 lbs. so far and no more coffee)and getting to the fun classes at the gym. Focusing on family more by not overcommitting and having too many activities (we actual have time to just do whatever we want or do nothing at all). Oh and two blog posts since the holidays...getting there! I think I'll pat myself on the back!!

Hope this helps someone out there...just remember that nothing is prefect and us Moms need to give ourselves a break sometimes becuase I bet if you ask your kids they will think you are the best too!

xoxo,
Laura

1 comment: